Article

Dublin's Holohan to Debut in July

"That stadium is going to be packed and hopefully they’ll all be rooting for me – it’ll be a big moment for me." - Patrick Holohan
Dublin's Patrick Holohan may have fallen short of making it into the Ultimate Fighter 18 house, but on July 19, he will get a second shot at Octagon glory when he makes his UFC debut against Josh Sampo on the UFC Fight Night card being held in his hometown arena, the O2.

“I’m so happy, this is going to be something so special," said Holohan. "That stadium is going to be packed and hopefully they’ll all be rooting for me – it’ll be a big moment for me.”

9-0-1 as a pro, the 26-year-old flyweight has been sidelined since his TUF 18 elimination bout against Josh Hill last year. But with his back injury now a thing of the past, the stablemate of headliner Conor McGregor is ready for battle.

“I’m stronger now than I’ve ever been before," he said. "I thought that injury would be the end of the road for me, but I’m just so appreciative that I can even fight and carry on competing.”

Sampo, 11-3, has won five of his last six, including a November 2013 submission of Ryan Benoit. Holohan doesn't know much about his foe, but he's preparing for the fight of his life.

“I haven’t even seen a picture of the guy, but everyone in the UFC is tough and at a high level. I believe and trust in myself to get the job done.”

Sunday, February 1
4PM
NZDT
Las Vegas, Nevada

Media

Recent
Former Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz talks about his upcoming fight against UFC legend Anderson Silva, why he's decided not to trash talk, and the perspective he gained during his time away from the Octagon.
30/01/2015
UFC Embedded is an all-access, behind-the-scenes video blog leading up to the UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz superfight, taking place Saturday, January 31 on Pay-Per-View.
29/01/2015
Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Kelvin Gastelum, Tyron Woodley, Al Iaquinta, and Joe Lauzon were among the fighters that spoke to the media at the UFC 183 Media Day. Hear from the fighters in these highlights.
29/01/2015
Ian McCall-John Lineker and Ed Herman-Derek Brunson were both previously scheduled bouts that had to be cancelled because of sickness. All four fighters are looking forward to this chance to make up for lost time at UFC 183.
29/01/2015